8 Feb 2016

RSGB - 432MHz AFS Contest February 7th 2016


This was the first RSGB contest that I've entered for 2016 out portable. This was an Affiliated Societies contest and was open to both individual entrants (who must be RSGB members), and to teams made up of a number of operators who must all be members of the same affiliated society, but not necessarily RSGB members themselves. So an affiliated group effort was required for this contest and we managed to get a team together under The Blacksheep CG which consisted of Single Fixed Operators & Portable Operators:  Roger G3MEH, John G0ODQ were Single Fixed op's and out portable were M0BAA/P (Andy M0MUX, Bill M0BTZ, Matt G0XDI and Nick G4FAT) and myself Pat M0XII/P.


The location that was selected for this contest was a portable location on a chalk escarpment called "The Chiltern Hills" at IO91MP . The contest started at 09:00UTC and ended at 13:00UTC. There were very poor weather conditions let alone flat band conditions with very heavy QSB at times, I also had to finish the contest 30 minutes early due some power issues (Flat battery on my Laptop) so I only limped through this contest.

I finished the contest under M0XII/P with a claimed score of 7,575 points at 120 points per QSO and only managed to work 63 QSO's and 5 DXCC's and 12 WWL's. My ODX was 453Km with GI6ATZ, I would like to thank Gorden GI6ATZ for his patience in completing this contact as QSB had a major part to play during our QSO. The equipment I used out portable was an FT847 and a 19 element Antenna about 5m from ground.

Thanks to everyone who called during the contest and thanks for the points, I look forward to working you again. 73
A Map of my QSO's in this contest  


No comments: