24 Jun 2014

M0XII/P - UKAC 50Mhz Contest - June

The June UKAC 50Mhz Contest on the 24th from locator square IO91MP was reasonably okay with regards to propagation, Sproadic E's disappeared right before the contest started 19:59:59 :( Activity on the band was up on previous months and was great to hear a few extra multipliers on the band. I still struggle to get GM/MM stations from 91 Square may have to look into a larger antenna for 50MHz.  

This month I finished the contest with a claimed score of 100 QSO's and 15 Multiplier squares and a total of 198,735 points with 4 DXCC entities worked. It was really nice to catch David GI4SNA on the band in IO64XM Square as my furthest ODX of 466Km, I have worked David a few times and even from my Irish QTH but this was the first QSO on 6M under my UK call sign. Once again a big Thank you to all stations for the points and multipliers this month it was very much appreciated.

My working conditions was an FT847 Transceiver with 100 watts into a 5 Element Tonna Yagi up about 4m from ground.

Here's a map of the QSO's made during the contest:



No comments: