30 Jan 2009

Good Google News...

I'm a big fan of Google. Sure, they'll own all of my info and try to take over the world with it someday, but in the meantime, I'll continue to enjoy their cool little web services.

I've been a sometime-user of gmail and google docs (as well as blogger and youtube) and particularly like the docs feature that allows you access and edit your items offline. Basically if you have a laptop and are online, you can upload a document or start a new one within your web browser - see docs.google.com - and work away on it. Any changes you EVER make to that document will be saved. So you can revert back to a saved version from weeks ago, and you'll never lose a document again.

But here comes the offline-sweetness. If you only have internet access at work, you can take your laptop home, where there's no internet, edit your documents, and when you go back into work and online again, the changes will be saved. You'll always have your stuff.

Cool huh?

And the best news I've heard all day: it's now available on gmail!

off-gmail

So you can reply to emails, edit, delete, archive them on your laptop while you have no internet access and changes will be reflected as soon as you go back online again.

Pretty cool if you only get your lappy online once a day.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this post is very usefull thx!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever considered adding more videos to your blog posts to keep the readers more entertained? I mean I just read through the entire article of yours and it was quite good but since Im more of a visual learner,I found that to be more helpful well let me know how it turns out! I love what you guys are always up too. Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the great works guys Ive added you guys to my blogroll. This is a great article thanks for sharing this informative information.. I will visit your blog regularly for some latest post.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have spent lot of time looking for good pages about this for so much time and yours is the most accurate I have read to date. [url=http://www.acotranslations.fr]Entreprise traducteurs francais[/url]